Monday 4 April 2011

I Hate Social Media So Much!!

hey2 u all...wht about today?..have got shake?..last day i got just one vanila shake OMG really sad!!..hee..about entry today just i want to emo haha.I hate social media!!.

I hate the words themselves, I hate the platforms, I hate social media marketers, I hate social media consultants and I hate the whole concept of "social media".

I am finding it really boring. It's the same lame stuff day in and day out:
Brands that have zero orreplies in their twitter feed - thanks for talking to the air, must be fun.
People who live-tweet everything around them - thanks, but I'm sitting next to you (virtually or really sitting beside you).
The thousands of "will it succeed?" blog posts that the release of a new platforms seem to spawn like Gizmo after a bath..haha
Content that masquerades as "help" when it really: states the obvious, is link bait or says nothing you couldn't learn in 5 minutes.
What I love is people.

Real people that say "thank you" and mean it. Companies that offer a genuine helping hand "even though we don't sell food, here's where you can get great sushi". Brands that put their employees ahead of their products.
I don't really see how anyone could love social media. Or why you'd want to work in social media.
I specialize in people. Meeting people, talking to people, interacting with people and, when called for, marketing to people.

How about you?..thingking about it..

1 comment: